Internet Changed Me

   I had never used Internet for study purpose until I came in the category of Competitive Exam Candidates. After I completed graduation I got placed in a good company but soon left it due to excessive work load and overtime. I was looking out for joining an MBA college. When I left my job, for a 6-8 months in a row I would look out for bank exams, competitive exams and MBA entrance exams. I tried all possible exams. During this time I learned the much acclaimed art of Online learning and I almost did not feel the need to have a book, a physical book.

     If I would want a book I would order it Online, again taking help of Online reviews. I have become an Internet addict now. In the process to know the meaning of each and every word read, there is a constant requirement of Internet connectivity. From movie reviews to best MBA college reviews I take help of dedicated sites with genuine reviews.

    I am also an addict of Wikipedia as it just answers your questions right. This surfing habit has made me aware and I know what is going around the world. I can see famous personalities and remember them by their faces. And their deeds..well you never forget those, good or bad. I also come to know about various campaigns, rallies and events. If I subscribe to lets say mumbaitheatreguide.com I come know the theatre show timings.

   During this free time I developed a habit of making best out of waste craft items, which I think is the most gripping thing taking me away from the tensions. I look at ideas and activities Online and give daily time for this activity. I have also started blogging my thoughts and posting my photography photos. I dedicate 1 hour everyday to these. They are becoming a part of my everyday routine. Sites like Pinterest.com or Flickr.com I see a world full people having likes similar to those of  mine. Thus, not feeling alone at all.

    Well, I also make sure I do not waste my whole day behind this blogging/posting/pinning mania. But I am sure these will be a larger part of my life one day.
I hope to improve the style of my writing, better the content of writing and take photography seriously.

Surely Internet has changed me and made me more alert,aware and mature. I do love to read from books. Well, when a difficult word arises I open the browser receiving the answer in milliseconds. Thats surely a sign of an addict when I have an Oxford and Cambridge dictionary at home. :D

Well, this is my Flickr link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotodekho_shruti/

Comments

  1. To further expand your reading habits, visit sites like: http://www.aldaily.com/ and http://www.3quarksdaily.com/ They do the dirty job (scavenging the internet for meaningful pieces) for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! those sites were really interesting. Thanks! Actually even I am trying to create blogs with all meaningful info for students.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Tree Project

Khaled Hosseini quotes