The Diwali Dhamaka and the unofficial launch of Auntmade

I have been doing a lot of DIYs since past 6 months and most of them are worthy of posting. But as you all know blogs are fading slowly. They have been replaced by photos with a lengthy caption like that on Instagram. It does not actually give a lot of freedom in terms of expressing yourself but it just makes publishing your work so easy.

I have been blogging since a very long time and I like the slow process of it. It takes time for you to write a read-worthy blog and a much longer time for it to get views. More than likes views matter more. The act of someone seeing your work is more important. Appreciation through likes and loves is kind of asking too much from your audience. You might just want to leave it to them!

So here I am back to the old times when I would proudly write about my thoughts about converting waste into something useful. Diwali 2017 was a big event for Auntmade. We made lamps, oh my favorite!

LAMPS!!!! The favorite part was...they were all sold more than what we could have made. We had to cancel a few orders.

We got Handmade paper from Pune made out of cotton waste, we got some wood, some old decorative items, bulb, wire and bulb holders and most important GLUE.

Guys all crafters understand the importance of GLUE in our work.

1) Glue gun for pasting decoratives as fast as I could
2) All FIX by Fevicol (available only in DMART & Hypercity, India)
3) An alternative to replace Fevicol (drying speed too slow for craft) which dried much quickly

When we made the first batch we were very dicey about the response of people around us. We were relying on our own friends. So we ordered very few raw materials. This was a wrong move because we had to order a lot more than we could imagine. And since we are 100 kms away from the place we got glue from we could not go back there due to budget constraints.

Well, in the end we had a great learning experience. Let me show you my lovely lamps.


















I must tell you about the design of the paper we used. This is a very unique paper with marble finish and it gave such beautiful colors out. When I first saw the effects of what we had made I was very happy. Well, I also think that there is a lot of scope of improvement. We got a lot of compliments from people around us but as we reached the completion of all orders we realized how things could have been done in a different way and how some faults could have been avoided.

This was a good learning opportunity!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Tree Project

Khaled Hosseini quotes