Interpreting Dreams!

There are dreams that we see while asleep and the ones we think of when wide awake. The world of dreams is mysterious. Showing us pictures which are unusual or psychedelic, or they are expansion of a thought or an incident. Sometimes dreams seem so real that we tend to shout, quake, cry or get confused in reality. Such dreams end when we wake up. We often forget what our dream was, but remember a hazy, most striking scene on it. Sometimes we remember the whole dream as if we have just finished watching a Full HD movie. Dreams can be funny and bewildering at the same time. They wake you up from a virtual reality to reality. I commit the deadliest mistakes of my life in my dreams. And wake up to realized that it was just a dream. I believe I worry too much and thus my mind rewinds and replays the 'what-ifs' and 'what-nots'.

I had a dream last night that I am in a train going with my friends to some place. We get down the train and suddenly we are at a wildlife jungle. We then spot an alligator, a white alligator running towards a pond and everyone was running towards him to click pictures. I did not have my camera with me and so ran towards my car (now the train has disappered and there are cars and buses around) where I had an SLR. Before I could take it out the 'white' alligator had gone. A few things followed and I remember that a building was falling (buses and cars are now replaced by a big 'falling' building). People were running for there lives. I started my two-wheeler(Honda DIO) and rescued two kids. The two kids, I and SRK together later had a breakfast and a cuppa tea. The dream ended with an emotional dialogue between me and one of the forlorn kids.

While writing this I remember having talked about the college trip which took place in  my 3rd year of Graduation, when I met my friends yesterday. Then I remember calling a friend alligator yesterday. I also remember talking about SLR cameras and looking at my friends photography in his SLR. I did not ride my two-wheely yesterday. And I did not discuss SRK or his greatness or his charm(I am SRK fan). I have a dream of visiting a wildlife forest. And I am drawn to helping people in distress.

So you can figure out a few things when you study your own dream.

1. They do not have a deep meaning or a hidden message for you. You are not going to find a treasure, save the world or solve an ancient mystical puzzle.


2. They do not show something you have never seen or heard about. They are assimilated or distorted pieces of information your brain has stored.

3. Since for almost 16 hours our eyes are used to seeing live HD footage, we tend to be in the state of inertia of seeing things. Its just like when we travel in train for almost 12 to 14 hours at a stretch, even after getting down we feel the train's motion.

4. They are thoughts, you do think when you dream. Many times we give a dream a happy ending, an ending which satisfies us. I have done that so many times. I have corrected my dream's ending.

5. Some experts have listed down several common dreams which indicate the state of person's life.
For example, a dream where the person is falling from a tall building, indicates an unsuccessful life. Thus, dreams are a movie based on our thoughts.

You do not need a dream interpreter to know what you dreamed about. I used to find the dream's world an amazing, mystical and even suspicious. But these days they make sense and I am no more curious. The dreams which I cannot interpret are left alone. I would rather wait for a more striking plus a meaningful dream.

I'd rather wonder how blind people dream. They must construct an image of touch,smell and feel. I wonder how animals dream or Do they ever dream? What will a fish see in its dreams? Water? Other big fishes? Fish nets? A nightmare of being eaten? Well, humans are lucky to have two kinds of dreams. A real one and the deep sleep-time dream.

A dream is a thing to forget but a real dream is a thing to follow. I think the real dream is a God Gift because the power to imagine and construct a dream world of your own is a great power to human beings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Tree Project

Khaled Hosseini quotes