Had vs Have

winds had drifted me everywhere they wanted,
water had tested my resilience.

I have boarded the plane
and mounted the boat,
to steer the dark clouds
and stay afloat.
***********************************************
cries had petrified me drifting my mind,
wounds had tested my strength.

I have been positive
and used Dettol,
to wash those tears,
leaving no scars at all.
***********************************************
enemies had threatened my intentions,
friends had forgotten me.

I have been expecting less
and giving more,
to clear the road ahead,
keeping my dreams secure.
***********************************************
selfishness had crept over me like a snake,
hunger had hung over me like a virus.

I have been a lil complacent
and moaned less,
to better my tomorrow
trying to fill in happiness.
***********************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Tree Project

Khaled Hosseini quotes